MyCraft is a mod manager for Minecraft that makes installing mods much easier. Instead of opening minecraft.jar, deleting META-INF and copying in files, all you have to do is place them in the
mods folder supplied with MyCraft. Any files that would normally go in the
resources folder or other
.minecraft folder must be installed as usual. This version of MyCraft will soon be replaced by MyCraft 3 and MyCraft Plus. MyCraft Plus supports full drag-and-drop mod installation along with many other amazing features, so you won't need to place files in
.minecraft any more.
MyCraft contains a proof-of-concept modding API that allows the creation of version independant mods. This means when Minecraft updates, your mod doesn't have to. This API is no longer being developed, but is still working. You can download and try the example mod and see for yourself how it works here. The example mod adds some new recipes (dirt blocks in various patterns), items (blood pickaxe) and textures (blue torches) to demonstrate the API. The source code for the example mod is included.
Javadocs for the modding API can he found here: http://frustra.org/javadocs/mycraft/
The built-in proxy feature among others can be turned on and off via the
MyCraft Mods menu in-game. If you can't login, then you can turn it on by setting
ON in the
settings.txt file located in
- Organized and easy mod installation
- Does not modify minecraft.jar!
- Auto-updating client, no updating needed!
- Completely version independent, works with any minecraft version!
- Version independent proof-of-concept modding API.
- In-game mod menu for turning mods on and off!
- Built-in mods for turning off particle effects for slow computers.
- Built-in flying mod!
- Built-in proxy option for playing at school or work! (Note, basically what this does is redirect all requests that were supposed to go to minecraft.net to our server, it does NOT proxy the connection to any game servers that you want to play on, so there's no extra lag)
Fly Mod Info
- Turn On/Off: V
- Move around: Same as walking controls
- Up: Jump
- Down: Sneak
- 2D Mode: Can only fly up or down with Jump or Sneak
- 3D Mode: Can fly up or down by looking up or down
What the proxy does is send your information, that would normally go to minecraft.net, to our server. Our server then sends it to minecraft.net, and responds with the authentication. We do not monitor the information that goes through our proxy. If you do not trust us or our service, you have the option of not using the proxy (it is off by default), By doing so you will be connected directly to minecraft.net when you play.
We have purchased Minecraft ourselves, so we have no need for extra accounts, and will never look at/distribute the information going through our proxy.